Did I really not write a post this week? Well, there wasn’t really much to write about, but that hasn’t kept me before :-) Today I’m procrastinating once more, but I’m sure I will get the dreadful things done later tonight. I’m planning to watch hockey tonight, because I can sleep in tomorrow. Which also means I have a lot of time on my hands tonight before the game starts. And because of that I can use the time during the day to do the unimportant, but much nicer stuff. I know it probably would make more sense to get the dreadful tasks out of the way so I can spend the rest of the day enjoying the nicer stuff. But it just doesn’t work like that for me. Never did and probably never will. I’m too distracted by the nicer stuff and I obviously need the pressure and the nagging voice in my head which is adding to my bad conscience, before I actually start working on the dreadful things. But then I do it and it works for me this way.
During my university years I spent my days enjoying the sun in the garden and spent the nights studying for tests and it always worked out fine. But back then I scheduled enough time for studying, which means I started to do that weeks before the test. And didn’t try to pull of writing a 25 pages paper within 2 weeks. Of course that couldn’t work out, wether I write during day or night time. I have more than enough time to write that paper again now and I will definitely go back to working on it this weekend. Maybe even tonight…
But before that I will write my review of another enjoyable and wonderful Grey’s episode later tonight and first of all I will post this TV show meme which I picked up on another journal.
Pick your five favorite TV shows (in no particular order) and answer the following questions. Don’t cheat!
1 Grey’s Anatomy
2 The West Wing
4 Brothers & Sisters
5 Private Practice
They came to my mind in the very specific “most favourite / 2nd most favourite” order… I couldn’t help it :-)
01. Who’s your favourite character in 2? Difficult Choice. Very difficult choice for “The West Wing” (2). If I really have to pick only one I’d have to say Josh Lyman.
02. Who’s your least favourite character in 1? From the one currently around on “Grey’s Anatomy” (1) that would be the Chief. Of former characters, that woud be Burke.
03. What’s your favourite episode of 4? I had to check wikipedia for the correct “Brothers & Sisters” (4) episode number and title, but that probably would be 1.14 “Valentine Day Massacre”, because Kitty finally slept with Robert and there was this really really great Walker siblings phone-conference thing in the beginning :-)
04. What’s your favourite season of 5? There only have been 2 seasons of “Private Practice” (5) so far. I lean towards season 2.
05. Who are your favourite ship in 3? Favourite “LOST” (3) ship? Sawyer/Kate.
06. Who are your antiship in 2? There really is no anti-ship in The West Wing” (2). There are not many ships to begin with :-)
07. How long have you watched 1? I’ve watched “Grey’s Anatomy” (1) since the middle of season 1, when it was aired here in Germany. Caught up with season 1 and 2 on DVD over the summer to be able to watch season 3 when the show returned after the summer.
08. How did you become interested in 3? Hai_di told me about “LOST” (3) and showed me the first few episodes on DVD and that’s all it took.
09. Who’s your favourite actor/actress in 4? I could pick a favourite character of “Brothers & Sisters” (4) right away, but actor/actress? Like in the “I’d love to see him in a movie/2nd TV show” kind of way? Tough. I like them all on the show, but that’s just about it. Probably Ally McBeal and Matthew Rhys.
10. Which do you prefer: Season 1 of 2 or 5? Grey’s Anatomy (1) over “Private Practice” (5). Clearly.
11. Which show have you seen more episodes of, 1 or 3? “Grey’s Anatomy” (1), because even though “LOST” (3) is in its 5th season as well, there were more episodes of Grey’s. At least that’s what I think…
12. If you could be anyone from 4, who would you be? Tough choice among the “Brothers & Sisters” (4) characters. Probably Scotty, because than I’d be married to Kevin. Of course he would have to be straight for that. Or now, because I’d be Scotty and thus gay myself :-)
13. How would you kill off your favourite character in 1? I just wouldn’t kill off my favourite character of on “Grey’s Anatomy” (1). Ever!
14. Give a random quote from 1? One of my many favourite moments of “Grey’s Anatomy” (1), of which I could recite the dialogue without problems. “It was a Thursday morning… ” (end of episode 2.17 “As We Know It”)
16. Would a 3/4 crossover work? “LOST” (3) / “Brothers & Sisters” (4) crossover= I highly doubt it. “LOST” wouldn’t work as crossover with anything
17. Pair 2 characters in 1 that would make an unlikely but strangely okay couple. On “Grey’s Anatomy” (1) they work good as friends, so they might work as couple as well: Meredith and Alex.
18. Has 5 inspired you in any way? Inspiration from “Private Practice” (5)? Not really.
19. Overall, which show has a better cast, 2 or 4? “Brothers & Sisters” (4) has a great ensemble, but I think the “The West Wing” (2) ensemble is even better.
20. Which has better theme music, 3 or 5? I think neither “LOST” (3) nor Private Practice” (5) have a real theme music…