I’m feeling weird today. Maybe it’s the weather, which is weird around here as well. It was wonderfully sunny yesterday and now we’re back to cloudy :-( Which doesn’t really motivate me to do anything useful. Well, I did clean my dishes, finally updated the fansite I’m running. I should also sort some Greens stuff and work on my revising my parts for our electoral program. I might do that later today. “Might” is the key word of that sentence :-)
I’m also planning to revise all my work for the willingly failed paper for the Education course. And to sort out which of the dozens of books I got from various libraries, I can already return. In the desperate attempt to write this paper within a couple of days, I got so many books without having a real plan which books I really need. And because I couldn’t get some of the books I wanted / needed within the time I only had to write the paper. So with the additional time I have now to write the paper again, I can spend more time and serious thoughts about which book I need and should get.
I might be doing doing this tonight while watching the Detroit – Anaheim game tonight at 8 PM, because I actually don’t care which team wins this one. I don’t care about these teams / series at all. 2009 is the first year I really follow the NHL playoffs, because I can watch some of the games, thanks to my new digital cable. I was actually mainly rooting for all three Canadian teams, because they are… Canadian! :-) After watching the Washington Capitals for the first time, the Caps at once slipped into one of my top spots. So here is my current of favourite NHL teams (of the teams still participating in the playoffs). This list and reasons behind my ranking are totally totally subjective, but every like/dislike has to start with something, right :-)?
01. Washington Capitals (because they’ve got Ovechkin and Federov and the “goal-robbing” goalie Varlamov. Oh, and did I mention Ovechkin *g* ).
02. Vancouver Canucks (because they’re Canadian and because my friend Hai_di has a soft spot for them)
03. Carolina Hurricanes (because the wonderfully nice Dennis Seidenberg is a member of this team and I want him to do well)
04.Boston Bruins (because they’ve got an awesome goalie as well and because Marco Sturm is on the team, even though an injury keeps him from playing at the moment. Boston won against the Habs, which actually should be a reason to not like them much, but… )
05. Detroit Red Wings (don’t know, don’t care)
06. Chiacgo Blackhawks (don’t know, don’t care)
07. Anaheim Ducks (won against the San Jose Sharks, which I like for just being Sharks (as I’m a fan of the Cologne Sharks), so I dislike the Ducks by proxy)
08. Pittsburgh Penguins (because they’re playing against Washington at the moment *g*, and because I don’t like it when commentators are so partial as the guys on CBC were last night. Yes, Crosby is Canadian, but he wasn’t that great last night and the puck was saved and not the goal robbed…)
Just so you know what’s the deal with that “robbed” goal, watch this youtube clip from the NBC coverage. The awesomeness of this save is so obvious in the slow-motion around 35 seconds in. The Candian coverage on CBC talked about how Crosby was “robbed” of this goal.
I’m refraining from writing anything about German hockey in this post, because it actually would be a waste of time and it would turn this post into a very bitchy one and I don’t want to openly bitch at the moment.