I had planned to post this yesterday, but then my Mum’s current issues with her longtime cardiovascular disease took over my Sunday. She’s fine for now, back on the cardiac ward, where they will try figure out how to change her meds and keep her heart from acting up again. Same old story. I’m a bit ashamed to admit that my first thought after Bro3’s question “Can you take her to the ER?” was a whiny “Ugh? Really? Do I have to?” I got over that pretty quickly, thank God and remembered how lucky we are to still have her with us, after decades of heart issues of all varieties. She’s still able to live alone at home, she’s still lucid and that’s something to be grateful for at 84 years old.
So, here is more simple kind of stuff to be grateful for or happy about these past three weeks, in no particular order
- the German Healthcare system :-)
- Tom Ellis at MagicCon 2018 (I still need to add to that post, I know)
- MagicCon 2018 in general – always fun
- Frank released “Blackout” another new song from the upcoming album
- the latest Inspector Lynley novel
- I found a new art & craft shop (for pens, washi tape and such)
- finally having put up
allsome of my fan memorabilia around my apartement
- good times with my colleagues at work
- mostly luck (as in no traffic jams) during commute
- a long Easter weekend
- Only 11 more days till a weekend with friends in Manchester (and yes, of course a Frank Turner gig)
Speedy recovery to your Mum. Don’t feel guilty about thinking ‘Do I have to?’ That’s a natural thing to do when something upsets your day. I know I am guilty as charged of thinking ‘I suppose I should ring my parents’ rathe than really appreciating having them there.